Similar to a category monitor or a moderator, who retains a log of each exercise and studies about it. Windows Event Viewer Tool carries out an analogous job on Windows. It logs all system actions and errors to assist spot underneath hood points together with your system. However, in the event you can’t entry it or are going through points whereas utilizing it, this explainer will allow you to troubleshoot the identical. Let’s take a look at varied strategies to repair the Event Viewer not working concern on Windows 11/10. Additionally, you possibly can study to repair the File Explorer app on Windows.
Windows Event Viewer: What is it and How to Access it?
The Event Viewer app is an administrative Windows software that retains monitor of all occasions, errors, and important data associated to your system within the type of logs. This helps monitor essential modifications and points in your Windows 11/10 machine, thus serving to to troubleshoot them conveniently. Here are the 3 ways you possibly can entry this Windows Event Viewer in your system utilizing varied methods.
1. The first technique is to press the Windows key and seek for the Event Viewer app to entry it.
2. Another solution to entry is by urgent the Windows key + X after which clicking the Event Viewer choice to open it.
3. Lastly, you may as well open the Run Window utilizing the Windows + R hotkey and kind eventvwr.msc to open it.
Methods to Fix Event Viewer Not Working on Windows 11/10
If you’re unable to entry or going through points whereas operating the Windows Event Viewer app, you possibly can troubleshoot it utilizing the next strategies.
Restart the Windows Event Log Service
The quickest technique to revive the occasion viewer software is to restart the Event Log service contained in the Services tab. Follow these steps for a fast repair:
1. Open the Run window by urgent the Windows key + R hotkey and kind providers.msc to open the Services tab.
2. Locate the Windows Event Log service within the checklist and right-click on it to choose the Restart possibility.
That’s it. Once restarted, the Windows Event Log service shall repair the Event Viewer not working concern in your system.
Fix Event Viewer Not Working by Reviewing Log Security Settings
Sometimes lacking safety privileges would possibly develop into a barrier for the Event Viewer app to work. You should confirm that the Logs folder has all of the required permissions to resolve the problem. Here’s how one can test the identical:
1. Open the Run Window and hit the enter key after copying the next path:
2. Next, right-click on the Logs folder to entry its properties.
3. Switch to the Security tab and click on on the SYSTEM username to edit its properties through the Edit button.
4. Finally, make sure that the SYSTEM username has all of the permissions enabled.
Verify Event Log Viewer utilizing Windows Registry
Like the providers tab, you possibly can repair the occasion viewer not working concern on Windows 11/10 utilizing the Windows Registry software. Here’s how:
1. Press the Windows key and seek for the Registry Editor software and run it as Administrator.
2. Copy-paste the next path within the search subject and hit the enter key:
3. Locate Start and double-click to configure its worth.
4. Set the worth to 1 and press the OK button to avoid wasting the modifications.
That’s it. Launch the Event Viewer software to test if the problem has been mounted.
Use System File Checker to Fix Event Viewer Not Working
An incomplete/corrupted system replace would possibly generally stop you from accessing the Event Viewer software. Don’t fear; you possibly can restore your system’s corrupted recordsdata utilizing the System File Checker utility. Follow our straightforward steps to Scan and repair Corrupted System Files to resolve them rapidly.
Fix the Event Viewer Tool with the Check Disk Utility
The Check Disk Utility is one other nifty Windows software to conveniently restore corrupted system recordsdata inflicting a problem with the Event Viewer app. Here’s how you should utilize it to your benefit:
1. Open Command Prompt with admin privileges in your Windows 11/10 system.
2. Next, kind ‘chkdsk‘ in the command line window and hit the enter key to run the Check Disk utility tool.
Check Disk will scan all hard drives on your system to find errors and will ask you to repair them with commands in case of errors.
Utilize Memory Diagnostic Tool to Fix Event Viewer Not Working
If you’re going through frequent lags or crashes whereas operating the Event Viewer software in your Windows machine, it is likely to be on account of a problem with the put in RAM. Luckily, Windows gives a built-in reminiscence diagnostic software to detect and report present points together with your RAM. Follow these steps to repair the Event Viewer software:
1. Press the Windows key and seek for the Windows Memory Diagnostic software and run it as administrator.
2. Next, click on the ‘Restart Now‘ button to reboot your computer and detect existing RAM problems. Once fixed, you can use the Event Viewer tool without crashes or lags.
Boot your System in Safe Mode (Clean Boot)
Sometimes a recent app installation alters the system settings making it difficult for other apps to run. If you’ve not too long ago began to face the occasion viewer not working concern in your gadget, you possibly can boot into protected mode to test if different third-party apps are hindering it. Follow these straightforward steps as well your Windows 11/10 system in protected mode.
Once inside protected mode, launch the Event Viewer software to test whether it is working accurately. If it does, you have to take away the not too long ago put in app to make use of the Event Viewer software with out errors.
Overwrite Old Log Files
If your gadget incorporates too many log recordsdata, your PC is likely to be unable to create new logs for the Event Viewer app. In such a state of affairs, you might be most definitely to face the occasion viewer not working concern in your Windows 11/10 machine. To do away with it, you have to present overwriting privileges to completely different log classes within the occasion viewer app. Here’s how it may be executed:
1. Launch the Event Viewer software and increase ‘Application and Service Logs‘ from the left sidebar.
2. Next, right-click on an event category to access its properties.
3. Inside the properties window, make sure to toggle on the ‘Overwrite events as needed ‘ and press the Apply button to save changes.
Switch to a New User Account to fix the Event Viewer Issue
In certain instances, it is possible that the Event Viewer not working issue is only limited to your user account. You can verify the same by creating or switching to a different user account on your Windows machine. Here’s how:
1. Open the Control Panel app utilizing Windows search.
2. Click on User Accounts.
3. Next, click on on the User Accounts button and press the Manage Another Account possibility.
4. Now, click on the Add a brand new consumer within the PC Settings hyperlink and observe the on-screen directions to create a brand new consumer.
Once created, log into the brand new consumer account and run the Event Viewer software to test if the problem has been resolved.
Make Space for New Logs by Clearing Old Log Files
As the heading states, clearing outdated log recordsdata can show useful in making room for brand spanking new ones, which could eradicate present points with the Event viewer software. Follow these steps for a straightforward repair:
1. Launch the Event Viewer software and right-click on a log sub-category after which click on the Clear Log possibility.
2. Repeat the step with every sub-category to take away all of the outdated log recordsdata from Windows 11/10.
Bonus Tip: Update your Windows
If you continue to haven’t been capable of repair the Event Viewer software after attempting all of the above troubleshooting strategies, you possibly can replace your Windows system as a final resort. For extra particulars, observe our detailed explainer on ‘Check and Update Windows 11/10‘.
Q: The Event Viewer Service has stopped unexpectedly on my gadget. How do I restart it?
A: You can restart the Event Viewer software utilizing the Services tab. Refer to the primary technique talked about on this explainer to reboot the identical.
Q: The occasion log service is unavailable. How do I repair it?
A: Perform a protected boot of your Windows machine to test in the event you can entry the Event Viewer software. Also, observe different troubleshooting strategies to repair the unavailability concern.
Wrapping Up: Restore the Event Viewer App
So these are all of the strategies to repair the Event Viewer not working concern in your Windows 11/10 machine. If this information has efficiently helped you troubleshoot the problem, then share it with your folks who is likely to be scratching their heads on the lookout for an answer. Stay subscribed to DevicesToUse and preserve revisiting for extra high quality guides.
You is likely to be within the following:
You may observe us for immediate tech information at Google News or for suggestions and tips, smartphones & devices opinions, be a part of GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the most recent evaluation movies subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
#Top #Ways #Fix #Event #Viewer #Working #Windows